Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1.Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the execution of the works, no responsibility can be accepted for any faults or failures that may occur to existing pipework, fittings, equipment, etc. due to disturbance caused by the proposed works.
2. An estimate is based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and, as such, it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to are in good condition and in working order. Should we find, during the course of the works, any faults with the existing systems we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting same. Should the client fail to mention any relevant facts relating to the existing installation we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting same.
3. Dismantling, clearing and re-instatement of any fitted cupboards, etc. to permit the proposed works to proceed will be charged at extra cost unless specified.
4. If, during the execution of works it is necessary to gain access into floors below fitted carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back on completion. No re-stretching or fixing has been allowed for unless specified. For floors covered with thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering, cork tiles or laminate flooring, no allowance has been made for reinstatement unless specified.
5. During the execution of works, it may be necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical services. This will be advised in good time and the period of isolation will be as short as possible.
6. Whilst all holes formed during the execution of works will be made good on completion, no allowance has been made for re-instatement of decorations. We do not guarantee to match existing brickwork where boiler flue terminals have been removed.
7. No allowance has been made for casing in of pipework or painting/decorating of the new works. 8. It has been assumed that unrestricted access to all relevant parts of the property will be afforded to us during the course of the works. Any delays caused by restricted access not notified at the time of survey may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
9. Where other trades are involved in the works and these trades are not under our control any delays that may be caused to our progress by these trades may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
10. Unless specified the works will be carried out in one continuous visit. Extra visits at the request of the Client or caused by circumstances beyond our control will be subject to hourly rates unless specified otherwise.
11. Ownership of any materials supplied, whether fixed or unfixed, shall not pass to the Client until payment in full has been received for said materials. We reserve the right to take whatever legal action may be necessary to secure payment for the works carried out and materials supplied either fixed or unfixed.
12. No allowance has been made for out-of-hours working unless specified or to suit our own requirements.
13. All dates or times given for the start of or duration of the works are given in good faith based on the information gained during the survey and our current workload commitments. These times may be varied, however, due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. emergency call-outs, breakdowns, etc. or to circumstances beyond our control. No liability will be accepted if it is not possible to meet clients timescales.
14. The works described in the estimate will be guaranteed for a period of twelve months from date of completion against faulty design and workmanship. The materials supplied will be subject to the suppliers/manufacturers guarantees. The Client’s Statutory Right in law are not effected by this guarantee. This guarantee does not extend to existing, installed equipment, pipework or fittings.
15. Whilst certain items may be specified by name or model, we reserve the option to supply goods of a different manufacture providing they shall be suitable for the purpose intended.
16. Any items or materials supplied by the Client or others for our fixing will be unpacked and inspected in the presence of the Client. Any faults found will be pointed out to the Client whose responsibility it will be to obtain replacement items. Any delays caused by faulty or damaged items may be chargeable, may result in us withdrawing from site and may affect the completion date of the works.
17. Any additional works that the Client requires to be carried out whilst the specified works are being executed will be charged at extra cost. An indication of such cost will be given and the Client’s agreement to same will be obtained before the additional works proceed.
18. An estimate is open for acceptance for a period of 30 days providing the works can be commenced within 90 days both periods from the date of estimate and thereafter may be subject to revision or withdrawal.
19. Terms of payment are given on the invoice / quote / estimate for the works and it is a condition of acceptance that these be adhered to. Payment is due on receipt.
20. The price specified in an estimate or invoice does not include for the removal of any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the works. This will be subject to an extra charge.
21. Acceptance of an Estimate or Quote confirms acceptance of these conditions.
22. Prior to commencement of work involving gas appliances, the existing gas supply will be subject to a soundness test to check for compliance with Gas Safety Regulations. Any faults found will be advised to the Client and any rectification works required may be subject to additional charges.
23. Should the works include a power flush of the existing heating system, it must be pointed out that, whilst this treatment is generally harmless, depending on the condition of the existing components the process may find weaknesses in the system. Should any such problems be encountered then any rectification works required may be charged at extra cost. The customer will be asked to sign a waiver confirming this point.
24. Should the works include a new combination heating boiler unit connected to an existing heating system, the Client should be aware that the higher pressures used by this type of boiler may find weaknesses in the existing system. Any repairs required in this respect are not included in this estimate. The customer will be asked to sign a waiver confirming this point.
25. This estimate does not include for any parking fees levied in Controlled Parking Zones. Any such fees incurred will be passed onto the Client at cost.
26. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all children and pets are kept away from the areas in which we are working.
27. If the proposed works are being carried out in a leasehold property it is the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure that all necessary permissions have been obtained in writing from the landlords/managing agents. We accept no responsibility whatever for any works carried out without the necessary permissions. We can furnish details of the proposed works if so required at possible additional cost.
28. Any unpaid invoices will be passed over to debt collection agency after a period of 7 days. Freeman Plumbing Services reserves the right to take legal action.
29. All waste from works at the property will be left at the property and will be the responsibility of the client.
30. Charges of €99.00 + VAT per hour or part there of will apply Monday-Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm unless specified otherwise. Charges of €130.00 + VAT per hour or part there of will apply Monday- Friday 6.00pm-9.00pm / Saturday 8.00am-5.00pm unless specified otherwise. Charges of €180.00 + VAT per hour or part there of will apply Sunday 8.00am-5.00pm unless specified otherwise. All prices are plus materials.
31. Any certificates for works will remain the property of Freeman Plumbing Services and only be passed to the Client once payment has been made.
32. In the case of our engineer diagnosing the issue and Client does not want the works completed, the hourly charge will be applied and payment collected by Freeman Plumbing Services before leaving the property.
33. In the case of the engineer being unable to fix the problem or continue works due to issues out of their control, the hourly charge will be applied for the time at clients property and payment collected by Freeman Plumbing Services before leaving the property.
34. All accepted quotes have an upfront fee of 50% before work commences. The remainder will be paid on the last day of proposed works before leaving the property.
35. Payment forms accepted: Debit/credit card, bank transfer, cash and Revolut. We do not accept cheques of any kind. All payments due on receipt. Payment will be taken by Freeman Plumbing Services before leaving the property.
36. You must provide the following for our use free of charge during the Works: water, washing facilities and toilets; electricity supply; gas supply (where relevant); adequate storage space; safe and easy access to your property from the public highway; easy access to the location within the property where the installation is to take place.
37. Most heating installations do not require planning permission but you should check. If, for example, your property is a listed building or you are in a conservation area and/or the system flue extends 1 metre above the roof height then you may need planning permission. You are responsible for contacting your local planning authority to obtain confirmation that planning permission is not required. We cannot be held liable for any installation carried out where planning permission was required but not obtained and we cannot offer refunds in such cases.
38. Any manufacturer’s warranty included with any Boiler purchased as part of the Work, is subject to the terms of such warranty (available directly from the manufacturer). Please note that, for the warranty to remain valid, it may require that the Boiler is serviced by an appropriately qualified engineer within each 12 month period from installation. In this case, you must keep appropriate records of those services and be able to produce them on request. The manufacturer warranties for other products installed may attract other conditions and you should, in each case, refer to the terms of the guarantee or contact us for further information.
39. You agree that from time to time we may arrange for the Work to be inspected and you will grant such reasonable access as may be required in order for such inspections to be carried out.
40. We are not liable to you for: i. Any defect in or damage caused to the Work, or any part of it, arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, your negligence, damage caused by a third party (other than our representatives and installers), failure to follow our instructions or any instructions of the manufacturer or supplier of goods forming part of the Work, or alterations made or actions taken without our approval.
ii. Any loss due to fire, theft or other risks normally insured for under a household insurance policy.
iii. Any delay in carrying out the Work, and any related costs.
iv. Any costs arising out of any requirement for us to cancel the Work, if we cannot carry it out as planned.
v. Any defect, damage or breakdown caused by inadequate servicing of a Boiler or other product (unless such servicing was provided by us) or by deliberate action, accident, misuse or third party interference including modification or an attempted repair (other than repairs carried out by us) which does not fully comply with industry standards.
vi. Any defect, damage or breakdown caused by the design, installation and maintenance of a central heating system or which is due to the integrity or suitability of any existing part of a heating system to which the Works have connected.
vii. De-scaling or other work required as a result of hard water scale deposits or from damage caused by aggressive water or sludge resulting from corrosion. viii. Any incompatibility of a shower with any new Boiler supplied and installed by us.
ix. Any issues arising as a result of inadequate or changeable water supply.
x. Any failure by us to meet any of our obligations due to matters beyond our control.
xi. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business, wages or goodwill) howsoever arising. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this Agreement is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable law, or other statutory rights that may not be excluded, nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
41. This Agreement is personal to you and you may not assign licence or subcontract all or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior written consent.
42. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you agree that they are aware of these terms and that they have given permission for us to use their personal information as described above.
43. We may monitor and record any communications we have with you, including phone conversations and emails, to make sure that we are providing a good service and are meeting our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
44. You are entitled to have a copy of the information we hold on you and to have any inaccurate information corrected. We may charge a small fee for providing a copy of any information we hold about you.
45. If you have any enquiries please contact us using the contact details as set out in your quote. Any complaints should be sent in writing to our registered address or emailed to us. If you wish to report
a defect or issue with the Work, you must do so by telephone or email within 24 hours of discovering the same. We will endeavour to respond to any complaints within 24 hours and our complaints policy is available on request.
46. You may cancel services (if they have not yet been carried out) at any time up to 14 days after you enter into the contract for those services. You may return goods at any time up to 14 days from receipt, unless the goods have been mixed inseparably with other items by that point or if the goods were tailor made for you. You are responsible for returning goods to us at your own cost and deduction will be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of handling. This does not in any way affect your statutory rights. If you wish to cancel any Work or return any items, please notify us immediately by emailing or writing to us using the contact details set out in your quote. A standard cancellation form is available at the end of this document. If Work has started before the end of the cancellation period with your agreement (i.e. you have permitted the Work to commence during that time), you may be required to pay reasonable costs for any goods or services supplied.
47. By accepting estimate/ quote you are also agreeing to these terms and conditions. Where there is not a quote provided e.g. call out for boiler repair / emergency and you the customer send your details to Freeman Plumbing Services, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Freeman Plumbing Services, Oak Park, Naas, Kildare, email@example.com 2022